CARGO TRAINEE BROKER
Have you ever stopped to consider how your favourite bands transport all their equipment when they go on a global tour? Or how about how the cars and motorbikes of the F1 or MotoGP make it to every session, in every location, even if there are only a few days in between races? The answer is people like us.
Our cargo division has shipped everything from sand to designer shoes, and priceless art to 17 tonnes of ham. Every day offers up new challenges, with internal progression and planned expansion creating vacancies for new talent to join our current cargo sales team.
If you join us you’ll start your career as a trainee broker, with a senior broker assigned as your mentor. During your first 12 months with us you will work closely with your mentor learning on the job, as well as undertaking our best-in-class training programme. During this time you’ll go out on flight reps, seeing first-hand how cargo is loaded and unloaded from some of the largest aircraft in the world. You’ll also learn everything from how to build a sales list, to which planes can carry which cargo and how to administer a charter flight.
THE ROLE INCLUDES
- Establishing a portfolio of clients, identifying new clients through cold calling, networking and managing online enquiries
- Ability to demonstrate an expert understanding of the aircraft and chartering process
- Building long term beneficial relationships with both clients and supplier
- Managing executive charter bookings from enquiry to completion
- Flight watching/overseeing flight departures (this might be unsociable hours)
- Travel and the opportunity to fly on charter aircraft
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Ability to exceed sales financial targets
- Good level of English and Vietnamese, ideally also able to speak Mandarin or Cantonese
- Hardworking and flexible, this role is not simply 9-5
- Ambition, drive and self-motivation
- Strong resilience with the ability to thrive working under pressure
- Valid driving license and passport
- Competitive salary and generous commission
- 22 days’ holiday per year, which increases with length of service
- Private healthcare
- Career development opportunities
- A friendly, fun and exciting environment surrounded by some of the best in the industry