Hire Private Jet Charter to the March Madness Games
Book a private jet charter to the 2017 March Madness Games and watch the best college teams in the USA battle it out in the grand championships.
If you're a basketball fan, don't miss the chance to watch this year's March Madness games. Once you've bought your official NCAA tickets to one of the regional matches or finals, why not consider flying to the games by private jet? This can work out as an affordable option if you're traveling with friends or colleagues. Get a private jet charter quote to start planning your March Madness trip, we can help you fly straight to the nearest airport in privacy and comfort.
March Madness History
March Madness can be traced back to 1908 when the Illinois High School Association sponsored a league of eight teams, which gradually expanded to include over 900 schools by the late 1930s. Around that time, Henry V. Porter wrote a magazine article describing the frenzied excitement of the games which he coined ‘March Madness’, a title that has stuck with the event ever since.
So, how does March Madness work? Half of the teams qualify automatically for the tournament by winning big Division 1 conference games throughout the season. The other half is selected by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Every team is then ranked by the NCAA according to a special judging system. The men’s results will be announced on March 12th, the women’s on the 13th.
Teams to look out for
This year, the NCAA has released a list of the top 16 men’s teams early, although they won’t be seeded until the season’s games have finished. The top four teams have also decided which of the four geographical regions they want to compete in, here are the results:
1. Villanova Wildcats - will play in the East Regional in New York City at Madison Square Garden, which is just nine miles from La Guardia Airport.
2. Kansas Jayhawks – Fly to the Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport for the Midwest Regional in Kansas City at the Sprint Center.
3. Baylor Bears – will play in the South Regional in Memphis at the FedExForum. The closest airport is General DeWitt Spain.
4. Gonzaga Bulldogs – Fly in to Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport to catch the West Regional in San Jose at the SAP Center.
The 2017 March Madness matches start on the 14th (see the full schedule here) with the highest-ranked teams from each region paired with the lowest in knock-out games. The winning teams will play each other in the 2017 regional finals, which take place on the following dates:
- East Regional final – New York, March 24th and 26th.
- Midwest Regional final – Kansas City, March 23rd and 25th.
- West Regional final – San Jose, March 23rd and 25th.
- South Regional final – Memphis, March 24th and 26th.
The men’s regional winners will go through to play at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona in the semi-finals on April 1st and the grand championship on the 3rd. You can buy official NCAA tickets that allow you access to all the games on those dates from $350 per person. Official NCAA VIP tickets start at $1,139 per person and include access to pregame parties, premium open bars with food, and VIP backstage lounges where you can mingle with NCAA legends.
The women’s semi-finals will be played on March 31st and the final on April 2nd at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. A combined ticket for all the games on both dates costs from $155 per person, while VIP tickets start at $707.50.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7