CESSNA CITATION MUSTANG
- Passengers 4
As the smallest Citation business jet, the Mustang offers high performance and versatility at affordable rates. Seating four passengers and able to hold four large suitcases, it’s an ideal private jet for short trips.
About this aircraft
- The first Cessna Citation Mustang took flight in 2005.
- Its cabin is renowned for having a four-seat configuration similar to that of a London black cab. An additional passenger can sit with a single pilot in the cockpit if the aircraft is owned, but this option isn’t available when chartering.
- The Mustang is built for short-haul flights of about two hours and up to 1,000 miles, making it ideal for routes such as San Diego to San Francisco or Paris to Rome.
- Despite being relatively small, the aircraft has ample baggage space. Each passenger can bring one large suitcase and there’s room for skis and golf clubs, as well as a small hand luggage compartment at the front of the jet.
- After almost 500 deliveries in 11 years, Cessna stopped producing the Mustang in 2017 as customer interest turned to the upgraded Citation M2.
- The Mustang is one of the only very light jets on the market today.
Measuring over nine feet long, the Mustang’s cabin can comfortably seat four passengers. Features include 12-volt DC power outlets, stowable tables on each side, cupholders, an aft storage compartment between the seats with folding armrests, and small forward cabinets that can store drinks and ice. The side-facing, non-concealed lavatory can be converted into an extra baggage area with a removable cargo net.
Below is the typical configuration of a Citation Mustang.
Interesting facts to learn before you fly
- A specially-designed rectangular ‘ski tube’ in the rear luggage compartment allows passengers to fly with their skis, snowboards, golf clubs and even surfboards.
- The Mustang’s emergency lavatory isn’t enclosed but has a privacy curtain.
- The aircraft can safely take off and land on just 1,000 metres of sealed runway, allowing it to access smaller and harder-to-reach airports.
- Its four-seat cabin is the smallest in the Citation series. Typical configurations allow for five passengers on the CJ1+, six on the CJ2+ and CJ3, seven on the Encore+, eight on the CJ4 and Citation X, and nine on the XLS+ and Sovereign.
The Citation Mustang is powered by two Pratt & Whitney PW615F turbofans mounted in pods on the aft fuselage, producing a combined 1,460 lbs of thrust. An all-glass cockpit features a fully-integrated Garmin International G1000 avionics suite with dual-channel autopilot. A 15-inch multifunction display in the centre of the instrument panel is flanked by two 10-inch primary flight displays.
Launched in 2002, the Citation Mustang was designed as an entry-level four-passenger business jet. Deliveries began in 2006 and ceased in 2017, following increased demand for the larger and longer-range Citation M2.
Cessna was founded in 1927 by Clyde Cessna and Victor Roos. It was originally called the Cessna-Roos Aircraft Company, but Roos’ name was dropped after he resigned just one month into the partnership and sold back his interest to Cessna.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, the company specialised in producing small piston-powered planes and business jets. After becoming one of the world’s biggest general aviation producers, it was bought by General Dynamics in 1985 and by Textron in 1992. In March 2014, Cessna stopped operating as a subsidiary company and joined Beechcraft and Hawker as one of the three distinct brands produced by Textron Aviation.
The price of a pre-owned Cessna Citation Mustang can range from $2.9 million to $3.1 million (USD).
Charter rates for the Cessna Citation Mustang can vary greatly depending on the length of the journey you have planned, as well as the airports you decide to fly in and out of.
If you would like to book a private charter flight on the Cessna Citation Mustang, then why not contact our team? For information on other private jets available for charter, browse our list of available private aircraft.
Wet lease rates
ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance, insurance) wet lease rates for the Cessna Citation Mustang can vary depending on the age of the aircraft, length of the lease term, the number of block hours being guaranteed and the average cycle ratio.