Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 by Private Jet Charter
Air Charter Service details all you need to know about the upcoming, prime-time Emmy Awards set to air soon.
The 68th Emmy Awards is set to air on Sunday, September 18 on ABC, from 7:00 - 11:00 p.m. EDT and 4:00-8:00 p.m. PDT. Jimmy Kimmel — host and executive producer of Emmy-winning Jimmy Kimmel Live — will present the show live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The star-studded event honors U.S. television’s best prime time shows and individual performances over a one year period, from June, 1 2015 to May 31, 2016, as chosen by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. With Kimmel as the presenter, and last year’s biggest winners back in the running, it’s set to be an enthralling event.
Nominations for the awards were announced on Thursday, July 14 by Black-ish star Anthony Anderson and Gilmore Girls actress Lauren Graham, from the Academy’s North Hollywood headquarters. Luckily nominees were announced at the respectable hour of 8.30 a.m. PT, whereas in previous years they were announced at 5.30 a.m.
The obvious favorite, Game of Thrones, received the most nominations at 23, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story came in second with 22 nominations, and third was Fargo with 18 nominations. With the results not far from being delivered, we outline the nominees in the major categories below; for the complete list visit the official Emmys website.
Best drama Series:
- The Americans
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Downton Abbey
- Better Call Saul
- Mr. Robot
This year Game of Thrones came out tops, winning in the best drama series category.
Best comedy series:
- Silicon Valley
- Modern Family
- Master of None
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Veep rose above the rest of the nominations winning in the best comedy series category.
Best actor in a drama series:
- Kyle Chandler (Bloodline)
- Rami Malek (Mr. Robot)
- Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul)
- Matthew Rhys (The Americans)
- Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan)
- Kevin Spacey (House of Cards)
Egyptian series actor Rami Malek, snagged the “best lead actor in a drama series” award, a triumph really as he was up against some stiff competition.
Best actress in a drama series:
- Viola Davis (How to Get Away With Murder)
- Claire Danes (Homeland)
- Taraji P. Henson (Empire)
- Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black)
- Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan)
- Keri Russell (The Americans)
- Robin Wright (House of Cards)
Tatiana Maslany won in the “best actress in a drama series” category, marking this as her first win at the Emmy’s.
Best actor in a comedy series:
- Anthony Anderson (Black-ish)
- Aziz Ansari (Master of None)
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth)
- William H. Macy (Shameless)
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley)
- Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent)
Veteran actor Jeffrey Tambor, won in the “best actor in comedy series” category, for his role in “Transparent”. With six nominations last year, this year’s win, marks Jeffrey’s second award.
Best actress in a comedy series:
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
- Laurie Metcalf (Getting On)
- Tracee Ellis Ross (Black-ish)
- Amy Schumer (Inside Amy Schumer)
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie)
The “lead actress in comedy” award went to Julia Louis-Dreyfus for her role in Veep. The 2016 Emmy’s was an auspicious occasion for the actress as this marked her fifth consecutive award, which has now made her the most awarded lead actress in comedy in the history of the Emmy awards ceremonies.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7